Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems is the leading window and entrance system manufacturer in Canada. We believe our growth and success can be directly attributed to the emphasis we place on quality, service and innovation and the involvement, commitment and enthusiasm of our outstanding employees. Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems has been recognized for overall business performance and sustained growth with the Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation.
Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems is committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities and welcomes applicants from diverse groups including Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and/or LGBTQ+.
We believe in treating all people with respect and dignity and strive to create a supportive and understanding workplace culture. We are committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent and recognize in order to accomplish this we must focus on attracting, motivating, and developing employees from diverse groups.
We are a dynamic company offering competitive compensation and benefits. If you meet the requirements for any of these openings and are interested in applying we would welcome your application. Please complete our application form and/or send your resume and cover letter (merged into one Word or PDF document) to the following address:
Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems, Head Office
Attention: Human Resources Manager
PO Box 131, 583 MacElmon Road
Debert, NS B0M 1G0 (Debert is located approximately 10 minutes from Truro)
Alternatively, complete our online application form at the following link:
Due to our continuing growth and success, we are seeking to fill the following positions:
We are actively recruiting candidates at our manufacturing facility in Debert, NS.
Our ideal production worker candidate is comfortable working with hand tools, is able to read a tape measure and understands the importance of producing a quality product. They must also have an excellent work ethic and attitude and contribute to a positive, friendly and safe work environment.
We offer full-time employment with group insurance benefits, including medical, dental, life, LTD, critical illness, RRSP and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We provide training, the opportunity for advancement, and a clean, safe, modern working environment.
We offer attractive shift times (days or evenings) and our starting wage is $16.00 per hour for day shift and $17.09 per hour for the evening shift.
Our employees enjoy fun staff social events and work in a team environment with dedicated and hardworking co-workers who take pride in the quality of the product we produce.
Reports To: Doors Foreperson / Paint Shop Team Leader
Job Summary: Responsible for preparing, cleaning, and painting window profiles and parts, door slabs and trim rings, operation and cleaning of spray painting and drying equipment, daily housekeeping of painting area and performing quality control checks on painted material.
- Previous painting experience is considered an asset.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have an eye for quality and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a neat, organized and safe workstation.
- Ability to work at a good pace and work well under pressure.
- Must be organized and dependable.
- Willingness to train and be trained.
- Willingness to work overtime as required and occasionally with little notice.
- Capable of heavy lifting as required.
Reports To: Manager of Information Services
Job Summary: The programmer will analyze processes and develop solutions for custom business and manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will provide Information Systems support to our head office and multiple production and distribution sites. The Programmer may also use Visual Basic .Net scripting to maintain pricing, inventory, manufacturing, and product options in our Point of Sales application.
- Modify code to improve existing applications
- Assist with collecting and documenting user requirements
- Research, develop, and test new features
- Resolve custom application support issues
- Train end-users on new functionality
- University Degree or Community College Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong Problem Solving and Communication Skills
- Strong Team Player
- Knowledge of SQL programming and design
- Visual Basic experience an asset
- Experience doing remote support an asset
MANUFACTURING PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
Reports To: Senior Production Manager
Job Summary: The Manufacturing Process Improvement Engineer is responsible to work with the Production Managers and Process Improvement team to identify and exploit opportunities to improve efficiency, quality, yield, and safety within various manufacturing departments. This opportunity is a very dynamic position and is best suited for someone seeking career growth opportunities within an organization.
- Analyze existing manufacturing processes and identify potential improvements in the areas of efficiency, quality, yield, and safety.
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work in order to achieve the identified improvements.
- Document the new methods and processes and ensure they become ingrained.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and prioritize daily, weekly, monthly workload.
- Support for new product introduction by identifying tooling, and methods of assembly that optimize processing.
- Identify product and process improvements to improve workflow and decrease production costs.
- Ability to work within multiple departments of a manufacturing facility.
- Lead or participate in special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts and application.
- Technical aptitude and ability to think logically.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge in process improvement would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with quality systems.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.