Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems is the leading window and entrance system manufacturer in Atlantic Canada. We believe our growth and success can be directly attributed to the emphasis we place on quality, service and innovation and the involvement, commitment and enthusiasm of our outstanding employees. Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems has been recognized for overall business performance and sustained growth with the Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation.
We are a dynamic company offering competitive compensation and benefits. If you meet the requirements for any of these openings and are interested in applying we would welcome your application. Please complete our application form and/or send your resume and cover letter (merged into one Word or pdf document) to the following address:
Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems, Head Office
Attention: Human Resources Manager
PO Box 131, 583 MacElmon Road
Debert, NS B0M 1G0 (Debert is located approximately 10 minutes from Truro)
Due to our continuing growth and success, we are seeking to fill the following positions:
Location: North Bay, ON
We are currently recruiting a Plant Manager at our manufacturing facility in North Bay, Ontario. The Plant Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing activities, supply chain, and physical operations of the North Bay facility. This individual will properly allocate staff to meet sales forecasts and produce quality products on schedule while using available supporting resources to advance improvement projects.
- Lead the Production Management team to achieve industry-leading performance levels in safety, service, quality, yield, and efficiency.
- Work with other members of the Senior Management team to set strategic goals for the organization.
- Support and enable Sales and Marketing in customer acquisition, retention, and satisfaction.
- Lead and support the development and implementation of health and safety plans.
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets.
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
- Manage staffing levels to provide consistent lead times while dealing with the challenges presented by variation in demand and seasonality.
- Oversee the training of employees in the use of new equipment and production techniques.
- Lead the Supply Chain team to ensure that inventory levels can support production forecasts and procurement processes are efficient and competitive.
- Ensure the Quality System is sufficient to meet the needs of customers.
- Promote positive employee relations through open communication.
- Report weekly on performance results and evaluate progress relative to goals and targets.
- Ensure the condition and integrity of the Company and its assets.
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with existing regulations at all times.
- Engineering Degree, Business Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum twelve years of progressively responsible experience within a production or assembly line facility.
- APICS CPIM training would be considered an asset.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Experience working with quality systems.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Computer skills and aptitude are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
We are a dynamic company offering competitive compensation and benefits. If you meet the requirements of this opening and are interested in applying we would welcome your application. Please email your resume and cover letter (merged into one Word or pdf document) referencing Plant Manager ON03122019 to Ashley Umlah, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, February 26th, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are not currently actively recruiting candidates at our manufacturing facility in Debert, NS; however, recruitment will begin in March or April.
Our ideal production worker candidate is comfortable working with hand tools, is able to read a tape measure and understands the importance of producing a quality product. They must also have an excellent work ethic and attitude and contribute to a positive, friendly and safe work environment.
We offer full-time seasonal employment with group insurance benefits, including medical, dental, life, LTD, critical illness, RRSP and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We provide training, the opportunity for advancement, and a clean, safe, modern working environment.
We offer attractive shift times (days or evenings) and our 2019 starting wage is $13.07 per hour for day shift and $13.98 per hour for the evening shift.
Our employees enjoy fun staff social events and work in a team environment with dedicated and hardworking co-workers who take pride in the quality of product we produce.