Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems is the leading window and entrance system manufacturer in Canada. We believe our growth and success can be directly attributed to the emphasis we place on quality, service and innovation and the involvement, commitment and enthusiasm of our outstanding employees. Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems has been recognized for overall business performance and sustained growth with the Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation.
Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems is committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities and welcomes applicants from diverse groups including Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and/or LGBTQ+.
We believe in treating all people with respect and dignity and strive to create a supportive and understanding workplace culture. We are committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent and recognize in order to accomplish this we must focus on attracting, motivating, and developing employees from diverse groups.
We are a dynamic company offering competitive compensation and benefits. If you meet the requirements for any of these openings and are interested in applying we would welcome your application. Please complete our application form and/or send your resume and cover letter (merged into one Word or PDF document) to the following address:
Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems, Head Office
Attention: Human Resources Manager
PO Box 131, 583 MacElmon Road
Debert, NS B0M 1G0 (Debert is located approximately 10 minutes from Truro)
Alternatively, complete our online application form at the following link:
Due to our continuing growth and success, we are seeking to fill the following positions:
We are actively recruiting candidates at our manufacturing facility in Debert, NS.
Our ideal production worker candidate is comfortable working with hand tools, is able to read a tape measure and understands the importance of producing a quality product. They must also have an excellent work ethic and attitude and contribute to a positive, friendly and safe work environment.
We offer full-time employment with group insurance benefits, including medical, dental, life, LTD, critical illness, RRSP and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We provide training, the opportunity for advancement, and a clean, safe, modern working environment.
Our employees enjoy fun staff social events and work in a team environment with dedicated and hardworking co-workers who take pride in the quality of the product we produce.
Reports To: Plant Manager
Job Summary: The Production Manager is responsible to ensure that manufacturing activities in their department are of exceedingly high quality and are conducted safely, efficiently, and enjoyably. This individual will properly allocate staff to meet sales forecasts and produce on schedule while working closely with other departments on improvement projects.
- Monitor, manage, and coordinate the activities of the Team Leaders, Teams, and Processes to achieve the planned results for an overall production line or lines.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve safety, productivity, product quality, and on time delivery.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Promote positive employee relations through open communication.
- Report weekly on performance results.
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
- Engineering Degree, Business Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience working with quality systems.
- Knowledge and experience leading lean manufacturing projects is an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Demonstrated computer skills and aptitude are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting with various Supply Chain Management functions with a focus on procurement and inventory management.
- Develop contracts, blanket orders, spot purchase orders, stocking arrangements and just-in-time delivery programs.
- Determine reorder points and order quantities.
- Generate inventory reorder reports.
- Issue purchase orders based on requirements.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Be proactive in identifying and dealing with suppliers on actual or potential delivery problems.
- Follow up with suppliers on deficiencies in product receipts or in variances to agreed upon terms.
- Perform cycle counts and analyze variances.
- Be alert to alternate materials/suppliers for potential savings and/or improvements.
- Keep inventory investment and loss to a minimum.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce.
- APICS CPIM training would be considered an asset.
- Analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and without direct supervision.
- Strong decision-making ability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Expected hours: No less than 40 per week.
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person; Debert, NS
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Edmonton)
Job Summary: Our Customer Service Representatives are the first point of contact with our customers. The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for responding to dealer inquiries and ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Promptly and professionally respond to customer telephone, fax and e-mail inquiries and provide friendly and helpful service at all times.
- Maintain exemplary service to existing customer base.
- Provide quotations for products to dealers and customers.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge with respect to product line.
- Proactive resolution of specific customer-related issues.
- Communicate with production and management personnel as required to meet company objectives and customer needs.
- Administrative duties such as data entry and maintaining accurate files.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis in business.
- Experience in the building supply industry will be considered an asset.
- Retail and/or sales experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application.
Job Summary: Perform duties related to shipping finished product: packaging, loading trucks, building wood crates, help with customer pick ups. Employees are responsible to integrate themselves into our team environment and culture. We are looking for an employee with proven hands on experience from a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate is energetic, motivated with a positive attitude and willing to invest what it takes to grow with our company.
- Ability to lift 50-75lbs consistently throughout the day.
- Go out for site deliveries as delivery driver assistant.
- Prior experience driving a forklift is an asset
- Prior experience with power hand tools is an asset
- Good customer service skills
- Prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment