Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems is the leading window and entrance system manufacturer in Canada. We believe our growth and success can be directly attributed to the emphasis we place on quality, service and innovation and the involvement, commitment and enthusiasm of our outstanding employees. Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems has been recognized for overall business performance and sustained growth with the Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation.
Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems is committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities and welcomes applicants from diverse groups including Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and/or LGBTQ+.
We believe in treating all people with respect and dignity and strive to create a supportive and understanding workplace culture. We are committed to seeking out and retaining the finest talent and recognize in order to accomplish this we must focus on attracting, motivating, and developing employees from diverse groups.
We are a dynamic company offering competitive compensation and benefits. If you meet the requirements for any of these openings and are interested in applying we would welcome your application. Please complete our application form and/or send your resume and cover letter (merged into one Word or PDF document) to the following address:
Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems, Head Office
Attention: Human Resources Manager
PO Box 131, 583 MacElmon Road
Debert, NS B0M 1G0 (Debert is located approximately 10 minutes from Truro)
Alternatively, complete our online application form at the following link:
Due to our continuing growth and success, we are seeking to fill the following positions:
We are actively recruiting candidates at our manufacturing facility in Debert, NS.
Our ideal production worker candidate is comfortable working with hand tools, is able to read a tape measure and understands the importance of producing a quality product. They must also have an excellent work ethic and attitude and contribute to a positive, friendly and safe work environment.
We offer full-time employment with group insurance benefits, including medical, dental, life, LTD, critical illness, RRSP and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We provide training, the opportunity for advancement, and a clean, safe, modern working environment.
We offer attractive shift times (days or evenings) and our starting wage is $15.00 per hour for day shift and $16.05 per hour for the evening shift.
Our employees enjoy fun staff social events and work in a team environment with dedicated and hardworking co-workers who take pride in the quality of the product we produce.
MANUFACTURING PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
Reports To: Process Improvement Manager
Kohltech Windows and Entrance Systems is a leading window and entrance system manufacturer with manufacturing facilities in Nova Scotia, Ontario and Edmonton. We believe our growth and success can be directly attributed to the emphasis we place on service, quality, and innovation and the involvement, commitment, and enthusiasm of our outstanding employees. Kohltech Windows & Entrance Systems has been recognized for overall business performance and sustained growth with the Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation.
Job Summary: The Manufacturing Process Improvement Engineer is responsible to work with the Production Managers and Process Improvement team to identify and exploit opportunities to improve efficiency, quality, yield, and safety within various manufacturing departments. This opportunity is a very dynamic position and is best suited for someone seeking career growth opportunities within an organization.
- Analyze existing manufacturing processes and identify potential improvements in the areas of efficiency, quality, yield, and safety.
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems, and methods of work in order to achieve the identified improvements.
- Document the new methods and processes and ensure they become ingrained.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and prioritize daily, weekly, monthly workload.
- Support for new product introduction by identifying tooling, and methods of assembly that optimize processing.
- Identify product and process improvements to improve workflow and decrease production costs.
- Ability to work within multiple departments of a manufacturing facility.
- Lead or participate in special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts and applications.
- Technical aptitude and ability to think logically.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge in process improvement would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with quality systems.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Demonstrated computer skills and aptitude are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Location: Debert, NS
Job Summary: The CSR will be accountable for responding to dealer inquiries and ensuring the highest level of customer service. The CSR will work with our dealers to identify their needs, create solutions, and ensure a successful sales process for their customers. They will also support our territory sales teams, by fostering the growth of our existing dealers and supporting our efforts to expand our market share.
- Offer fact-based product solutions to dealers and potential clients, to ensure our product offering meets their long-term goals.
- Respond to daily customer inquiries and promote the Quality and Service of the Kohltech brand to achieve revenue potential.
- Maintain service to existing customer base to maximize revenue returns.
- Deliver quotations for products to dealers/customers in an expedient manner.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about evolving product lines.
- Proactive resolution of specific customer-related issues, and professional support of all customer inquiries.
- Daily internal communication with Production, Scheduling and R&D departments to meet company objectives and customer needs.
- Other duties as required to support our network of companies.
- Post-secondary education would be preferred or equivalent.
- Proven record of inside sales success would be preferred or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of window/door experience would be considered an asset.
- Sales experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience in the building supply or construction industry would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment and without supervision.
- Strong level of computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products required.